Before riding your bike, it’s important that you check to make sure that all of its parts are in perfect working order. Just one malfunctioning part can have dire consequences. Here is a bicycle safety checklist to take care of before riding out.
- Do the tires have enough air?
- Are there cuts or bulges in the tires? Is there a good tread?
- Do the wheels spin without any problems?
- Are any spokes broken?
- Do they work properly?
- Do they stop the bike smoothly without sliding?
- Make sure your bike does not move when the brakes are applied.
- Make sure there is no rust and that the chain is clean.
- Make sure the chain is lubricated.
- Make sure the chain fits snugly.
- Is it firm and secure?
- Do you feel comfortable on it?
- Is it straight?
- Is it the right height?
- Make sure there is no looseness in any nuts or fasteners. Make sure all parts, such as the seat, handlebars, etc are fastened tightly.
- Make sure the frame is clean and without large patches of rust.
- Make sure the handlebar is straight and aligned with the front wheel.
- Make sure you have a red reflector light in the back which can be seen 300 feet away.
- Make sure you have a white light in the front which can be seen 300 feet away.
- Make sure the lights are straight, firmly attached and are working.
If you ever suffer an injury while riding a bicycle, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact us immediately for legal help.