Distracted driving is extremely dangerous for motorists and for cyclists. In order to reduce and eliminate all unnecessary accidents, and it is estimated that some 80% of all cycling accidents are avoidable, it is essential for cyclists and automobile drivers to drive with full awareness and concentration. In fact, some studies indicate that texting while driving is more dangerous than driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Advice to Cyclists
Cyclists are advised to drive with as much awareness as possible, keeping both eyes on the road and paying attention to the environment at all times. Always drive defensively.
Unfortunately, even when a cyclist is fully attuned to roadway conditions, motorists may drive recklessly. A bicycle is no match for a car, truck or SUV. Many motorists do not understand that cyclists have the right to share the road. Knowingly or unknowingly, motorists bully cyclists.
Gary Brustin, California Cycling Attorney
California Cycling Attorney Gary Brustin devotes his entire law practice to helping cyclists who have been injured in cycling accidents. Mr. Brustin has been cycling for more than 40 years and he knows from personal experience what it is like to be in cycling accidents. He uses his personal experience and knowledge to help others.
- He has personally handled more than 1,000 bicycle accident cases.
- He has consulted on approximately 5,000 additional potential cycling cases.
Mr. Brustin also sponsors many bike groups and causes, including:
- League of American Bicyclists
- Bicycle Club of Irvine, helmet donation program
- Silicon Valley Bicycle Coalition
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition
- Contra Costa County, helmet donation program
- Frequent speaker to groups on bike laws and bike safety
- Frequently publishes articles on bike laws and safety, for example: New York Times, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Weekly, Velo News, City Sports, Travel and Leisure
Complimentary Consultation with Mr. Brustin to Discuss Your Case
Were you involved in a cycling accident? If so, Mr. Brustin offers a complimentary consultation. During this phone consultation with Mr. Brustin, you can expect to discuss:
- Details of your case
- Bike laws
- Legal procedures involved in the case
- Whether to settle out-of-court or try the case before a jury
- Case value estimates & whether you have a viable case
As noted above, you may wonder whether you have a viable, winning case and if so, how much the case might be worth. While an exact answer is generally not possible, Mr. Brustin will usually be able to give you an approximate estimate of the value of the case. As the case progresses, the numbers often change. Call the Law Office of Gary C. Brustin at 800.841.2453 to schedule your complimentary phone consultation. You may call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Mr. Brustin will personally return your call, usually the same day. There is no obligation whatsoever for the complimentary consultation.
The Law Offices of Gary C. Brustin, APC
Give Mr. Brustin a call today at 800.841.2453.
He can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Brustin’s main offices are located in:
- San Jose
- Santa Monica
- Palm Springs